Sunday, October 02, 2011

Possibilities

Just sitting here drinking a cup of lavender-mint tea (a wonderful tea I picked up in Tofino, and have been drinking daily) and pondering about what direction I'll travel once I get into Thailand.  Thought I'd sketch out a possible itinerary for Asia this winter:

Nov 15:  Leave YVR - Bangkok
Nov 16: Get into Bangkok at midnight, probably sleep in an airport hotel to save jet-lagged-over-tired-stupid brain from having to work too hard after I get through customs.
Nov 17 - 20: stay in Bangkok
Nov 21 - 27: Living Buddhism at Thai Bhikkunis, Songdhammakalyani Monastry
Nov 28 --->   ...probably south to the Cambodia border, and then north up to Chiang Mai
Dec 12 - 18: Journey to Freedom volunteering project in Chiang Mai (ELEPHANTS!)
Dec 19 - 27:  Northern Thailand, Chiang Rai, Don Inthanon, etc.  
Dec 27:  Leave Thailand for India.  


The only dates here that are solid and have to be observed other than airplane dates are the group of dates that have links next to them.  I had to apply in advance for those, so I'm basically free to do whatever, whenever, so long as I am near Bangkok on the 21st, and near Chiang Mai by the 12th of December.  


INDIA: 
Dec 27: Fly into Mumbai
...maybe a couple days in Mumbai, then catch a train/plane/bus/goat to Haryana, and WWOOF for three weeks with a wonderful little organic farm that grows sugarcane and pulses and other things - ...then fly/swim/dig a hole back to Mumbai.
Feb 1: Fly to Vancouver - stay here for a week or two, and then greyhound/fly up to Smithers and start living in my new home.  


Holy busy.  This could kinda work.  I'm still waiting to get my passport back from the visa peeps, but I got an email a few days ago that they've accepted my applications, and that I will get my passport back for when I get back from work (which is fine - perhaps a last minute down to the states trip? ...I know, I'm insane.)  

So.  Pack.  Go to work.  Pack some more.  Maybe go to the States.  Move to Smithers.  Come back down from Smithers to catch a plane out of Vancouver.  Go to Thailand.  Go to India.  Come back to Vancouver.  Go back home to Smithers.  Go back to work.

0 comments: