Sunday, January 03, 2010

Diamonds in the Rough

I find it's always so awkward posting for the first time in a long time.  It's like 'Yeah, see that stuff below?  It's old.  Forget I wrote it.'  ...well, after a few month hiatus, I'm ready to use my pretty little blog again. 

Why, you ask? 

Because in exactly 40 days, I shall be stomping in mud puddles made from Scottish soil.  I have another travel blog, here, from my trip to the UK last year, but this one is prettier.  Perhaps the photo format isn't as user-friendly as the other site (where I can massive dump photos like a memory card) but let's face it, if you're reading this, one of two things will happen:  I will either be emailing you photos of my trip, or you'll see them on Facebook when I'm done.  And if you're not reading this, well...

The basic plan:
- disappear from school from February 12th - 28th (thank you, Winter Olympics 2010)
- Travel more of Scotland than I saw last year
- Be in London sometime around the 23rd to have loads of mischief with Paul
- Find something to do until the 28th, when I depart from Edinburgh.

So far, I'm throwing around ideas of Edinburgh, Stirling, Blair Castle in Perthshire, Isle of Skye and surroundings.  I wish I could see Shetland, but traveling to the Arctic Circle in February isn't the best idea.  Trust me, I know - I've done it (and I'm not really complaining...I loved it.  But I'm NOT traveling with a bloody parka.)

More to follow.  I'm about to attempt going to sleep before midnight.  I bid thee adieu for the night. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have an absolutely fantastic time! I can't wait to see pictures :D