Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scotland - It's Officially Official.

Plane tickets.  Check.
Train tickets.  Check.
First two nights in Glasgow while I remember what it's like to finally sleep.  Check. 

...and now I have to put dates to plans.  Eek. 

February 12: FLY THE HELL OUT OF HERE! Fly out of YVR at 6:15pm.  Fly into Heathrow at 11:50am the next day.  Sit in the airport for FIVE damned hours, until I catch the 5:15pm to Glasgow.  Seriously.  I still save 3 hours if I had flown into Heathrow, and then trained up.  And somehow, it saves money.  But...ugh. 

February 13/14: Sleep in Glasgow at the SYHA.  Think of something to do.  I've never been to Glasgow. 

February 15: Train to Edinburgh.  ...2 nights?  Maybe 3.  Arthur's Seat, Geological Museum.  Chill. 

February 17-ish: Stirling/Falkirk.  See Bry and Kimmie, if I can.  If not, waaaaaaaander.  2 nights.

February 19-ish: ISLE OF SKYE.  I'm so excited.  I'm not even sure how long I'll stay here. 


Sometime after the 23rd: Train down to London to see Paul.  Squeeze in a trip to Reading to visit Jamie.


February 28: Get up far too early, in Glasgow - and fly home.  6:35am - fly out of Glasgow.  Arrive in Heathrow at 8am, fly out of Heathrow at 1pm.  Another five hour wait in a city I was JUST in.  Arrive home at 3pm, the same day.  I love traveling backwards. 

0 comments: