Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crazy? I think so.

I just did something crazy.

Not slightly crazy, or perhaps-maybe a little crazy, but full-blown, foot-in-mouth, ass-over-the-handlebars CRAAAAAZY.  Let me explain myself first. 

I fly into London Gatwick at 06:55 on June 20th.  Originally, I wanted to see Paul, or possibly Jamie in Shiplake, but they are both very busy.  Boo. =(  ...so this leaves me with a free day to play with.  I've seen London twice already, and if I'm not hanging out with a friend, I don't really have an interest in wandering around it on my own.  The only thing that really prevented me from booking tail and leaving England entirely, is that I need to be back in London on the 21st for a play.  So...I began to think.  Where could I daytrip to?

I messaged Nat in Sheffield, and she is working that day - there is room for her being open that day, but I have to book my train ticket in advance to get a discount, and trains in the UK are crazy expensive without a pass.  So I began to branch out.  Maybe I could train to Amsterdam via the Eurostar...and then I remembered about Europe's cheap charter flights.

So, after two hours of browsing the internet and researching, I found a reasonably priced deal.  For a grand total of £121 (sorry to the Canadians reading this, I purchased it in £) - which is about $200, I'm going to Madrid.  Yes, Madrid...Spain.

For one day.

0 comments: