Saturday, June 18, 2011

peace, love, and eternal grooviness

Well, I have tried at various points during my entire day to sit down and spew some verbal vomit into a cohesive post.  I'm afraid after 3 days of very little sleep, this is the best you folks are gonna get. 

Hey look...a cycling magazine.  Surprised?


The mess on the bed is what's going in my backpack - the cool part of my daypack is that it folds into the tiniest little ball because it has no back support.  All the things in my daypack fit into my larger pack as well, and it's still fairly light.  I mean, I AM only packing a pair of shorts and some shirts, essentially.   (that means there is room for wine!)


 It's 9:30 at night, and I'm *almost* done packing...for the first time.  I'm probably going to spend 3 hours packing and unpacking, packing and unpacking, until either exhaustion kicks in, or my OCD is finally satisfied.  Today has been a ridiculous whirlwind of packing, and purchasing, and trying not to fall dead asleep on my feet - I genuinely feel like I don't have enough stuff packed.  I've never traveled in the summer before, so it feels really bizarre not to need my toque, and my scarf, and my heavy sweater, and socks.  

But really?  The best part of my day was the rainier cherries I found at the market.  Ignore the tired eyes - it's been a long 72 hours.


I am out of here tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Damon said...

Kraft Dinner?

Katee-Leigh said...

It's a gift for a friend - I was wondering when someone would spot that. It's like Where's Waldo, lol.